Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moving the Homeschool

Moving is a pain in the behind. All of that looking for boxes and then packing things and labeling boxes (if you're smart) and stacking boxes and moving them out to the truck and then into the new house (which room?) and then the unpacking and then the getting rid of the boxes... it's no wonder moving is on the top ten list of stressful things in life.
www.1800packrat.com

I was really surprised to find out that it's possible to deduct moving expenses.  I've never relocated for a job, that's an entirely different situation but most people HAVE, especially when they're in a situation where they have a husband who is working to support their family. I never had that luxury when I was married, but a lot of people do.

When you're homeschooling the moving consists of a ton more books and musical instruments and art supplies and the inconvenience of unpacking melts over into several other areas of life.  Right now I'm living in my favorite house ever so I can't imagine moving away from here.  I hope you love your house just as much as I do. I also hope I never have to move again.  Unless it's closer to Seattle or Portland.  Small town life has not grown on me.

No comments: