Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting a taste of Broadway with Mary Poppins


Guest post written by Donna Singer

I'd never seen a Broadway play actually on Broadway until our recent trip to New York this summer. I had seen Broadway plays while they were on tour across the country and stopped near us, but I've always heard that they can't do nearly as much with the plays while they're on tour as they can when they're actually on Broadway. So I was definitely ready to actually see a play on Broadway in New York.
While I was looking online to get some more info on it, I saw some info about a waterproof hearing aid. I showed it to my husband and he actually went to go and get fitted with one. I never thought that he would admit to needing one!
We really loved the play! It was so neat, especially during the chimney sweep scene. I'm curious if they could have pulled that off on a national tour. If it comes on tour right near us, we'll just have to go and see it again! It was just so much fun and kind of makes me wish I was a kid again.

No comments: